Monday, November 11, 2013

Veterans Day

Veterans day is, of course, very important to all of us because it's a day commemorating people who so selflessly defend our freedoms.

My father served for 27 years in the Army, and my brother Micah is currently overseas. I am so proud of both of them!

Today I thought I would share some vintage photos of some of my family members who served in the military.



 My Great Grandfather Charles who served in World War I


My handsome Dad. About 1973.

 My dad's father, Jack. Served in the Navy during WWII


 My Grand uncle Jim. 

 My aunt Irene and her husband Bill. 

 Irene and Bill again...how cute is her outfit?!

One more... My cousin said I look like her! I don't really see it, but I take that as a great compliment, she is beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. This post was such a special joy to see! It made both the vintage history (and fashion - agreed, her outfit is super cute!) lover and family genealogist in me smile. Thank you so much for sharing these priceless photos with us as well as for your family valiant military service.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete