Saturday, November 16, 2013

Reaching Goals

A while back, I ordered a dress on Modcloth. It was actually almost a year ago because it was a fabulous winter clearance sale and every thing was like 50 or 70% off. There wasn't too much that I liked included in the sale (or left in my size) but an adorable raspberry number caught my eye. It looked like a modern 50's prom dress, so I went ahead and bought it and plus it was only 30 bucks! I looked at the sizing info and it said it ran small, so instead of getting an L or XL I ordered a 1X. I figured I could always take it in if was too big. After waiting on tenterhooks for a few days my dress finally arrived and I was so excited!!

That excitement was pretty short lived.

The dress was too small! Which is entirely ridiculous because I am usually between an L and an XL. The zipper would not even go up past my waist. I was really upset, but put it away in my closet pondering if I would ever be able to wear it. Well, I decided to get it out of my closet the other day and what do you know, it fit! I suppose losing 20 pounds is what did it. I was so excited that I will be able to wear it now. I thought it was funny that most college freshmen gain wait (you know, the dreaded "freshmen 15") but I somehow managed to lose 20 pounds. I think it is probably because I still live at home and pack my lunches.

Anyway I am super happy. I am, however, upset with the company that makes the dress. I mean seriously, I had to lose 20 pounds to fit into a dress that should have been too big on me! I am thinking that it was mislabeled or something because that would be the most ridiculous sizing in the universe.



















So yay! This dress makes me feel half Grace Kelly and half Elizabeth Taylor which, I think, is a delightful combination. I need to go to fancy places more often, I have too many fancy clothes (well, actually there is no such thing).


Dress ~ Modcloth (Rock Steady)
Shoes ~ Kohl's
Necklace ~ Made by my sister






2 comments:

  1. You look ravishing!!! Very MM or Jane Russell circa to Marry A Million. I adore this lush, elegant raspberry hue on you (and in general), dear gal.

    That is flat out nuts though about the sizing! I too have run into that with a few companies over the years and it always irks me, too. I hope it's the last time you ever have it happen to you.

    Big hugs (the first from my new computer :)),
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful dress. the magenta looks fabulous on you ...

    ReplyDelete