Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Well, Hello There!

Oh hi.

Remember me?

I have good reasons, I promise!  The first reason is, my camera broke :(. It was only a point and shoot, but still! Last week I went and bought myself a new camera, still can't afford to upgrade to a DSLR, but I am glad to be able to take pictures again!

And the second, and perhaps more important reason, is I started going to OSU full time. It's been pretty crazy. Last week I had my second round of midterms. Woo for higher education!

This past weekend I went to Dayton to visit my sister and we went to a local fashion show. It was hosted at a club and was quite fun. Not being 21 just yet, I ordered myself a Shirley Temple at the bar and felt pretty fancy, despite there being no actual alcohol in my glass.




I wore a Pinup Couture dress that my sister found brand new at the thrift store. Score! I don't know why anyone would give away such a fabulous dress without even wearing it! I got a few compliments at the fashion show, which always makes me smile. I felt kinda self conscious in this dress because it is pretty curve hugging, but the good responses made me a little more comfortable. I did feel very Marilyn-ish. Plus, I thought the Keds were a perfect touch. They are so classic. Marilyn was even a fan of them!

So I made a dress this weekend too! I will be posting about it later this week (hopefully). It's nautical themed. I used a pattern, but made some changes, so I am excited to show you!


Hope you have been having a great Autumn!









2 comments:

  1. Look at you, you're smoking hot, darling gal!!! I'm really sorry to hear about your camera. It's always so, so heartbreaking when one decides to give up the ghost for any reason. It's great that you were able to get a new one (that in between period is always so rough, I find - ditto for computers and phones).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Jessica! I do believe you have made me blush >.<

      Delete