Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My Two Favorite Movies

Whenever someone asks me what my favorite movie, for some reason, I can never think of an answer, so usually the question goes unanswered. I have been doing some thinking lately though, and I can surely say that Ever After wins (with Stardust being a very close second). I will try not to spoil it, but no promises.  :)





Ever After is a fairy tale movie based on Cinderella. It's witty, very romantic, and the costumes are beautiful.


It centers around Danielle, who is living with her stepmother and sisters after her father dies. She meets the prince while pretending to be a lady of high society in order to buy back a servant her mother had sold.



The prince falls in love with her and they have wonderful adventures.



After such a romantic time, you just know something bad is going to happen (I'm trying to be vague and not give anything away).


 But I will tell you it has a happy ending, as it should :). There are some very funny bits in this movie, I am surprised that more people haven't seen it. Maybe it's because it came out in 1998 and it wasn't exactly "of my era", but it's a good thing I have 3 older sisters. I can't really decide how much I like Drew Barrymore because she sometimes plays silly characters, but this movie is absolutely wonderful. In my opinion it's perfect. 



I also want to tell you a little bit about my other favorite movie, Stardust.


 This movie actually has everything. Love, comedy, action and adventure, fantasy, magic, witches, flying ships, and cool costumes. Claire Danes is great in it, and Charlie Cox is so adorable. It is kind of a Steampunk film, so if you're into that at all, you would probably really like it. Claire Danes plays a star that fell down from the sky and gets caught in the middle of two different groups who want her dead for two different reasons. This one came out in 2007 and am surprised that it didn't much attention cause it was really awesome.

It's a really fun movie. Would be great to watch with a group of friends, or on a date, because it's not really a chick flick, and I think the guys would enjoy it just as much as the girls (but it's romantic at the same time).

Anyway, hope you got something out of my recommendations :)

No comments:

Post a Comment