Monday, December 17, 2012

Done with Autumn Semester!


Hah. Every time I wear this slouchy beret, I always think of the same thing. In high school, I was walking home with a friend who was a male who I am pretty sure had a crush on me. Anyway, I wore a black long-sleeved dress to school with a really cute pair of black boots, a lot of eyeliner, and this hat. We were walking to his house to get a snack, and at the traffic light he looked over at me for an awkwardly long time. I could feel him staring at me, and so when I looked over he was smiling and then asked me if I was French. I think he meant it as a romantic kind of compliment by asking me, but I burst out laughing and couldn't stop. He was probably really embarrassed, cause we switched topics really fast.



Well, I have finished the first semester! I took a spring quarter last semester, but it was not very challenging. This one wasn't really either (I only had two classes, history and English), but I only finished with a 3.5. I blame this on my history class. My teacher was really very nice, but also very monotone. And I completely forgot about a midterm, so it took me by surprise. Good thing my English grade was so high I can stay on the Dean's List. So, for my cumulative I have a 3.7.



Next semester is going to be tough though. I didn't have a job this semester because my truck isn't very reliable and then it up and quit working entirely so I couldn't swing it. Hopefully I will get a new car and then go on the hunt for a job. For now, at least, I still have Etsy. It pay's for my gas and sometimes food. Selling vintage online is never really dependable, so some weeks are much better than others.



I will also be taking a full course load. It's 18 credits. Compared to my usual 2, it will be quite an adjustment I'm sure. I'm taking intermediate level Bio (1113) and intermediate Chem (1171) along with Spanish 1, and Math 1075. I know it may not sound like much, but it comes to 18 credits and I will be at school everyday (I was only there 2 days a week previously). So with full time school and a job, I will need to start managing my time better.


No comments:

Post a Comment